It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:14 am 
Hornet

Battery failures within the first year are pretty common.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:04 am 
Rebel

Location: Englishtown, NJ - Home of the Englishtown Swap Meet
So I am back home from college for the summer, so I plan on doing some stuff with Rosalind now that I have the time. One thing is upgrading the wiper arms. I have some new wiper blades because my current ones are bad, but the new ones won't connect to the factory wiper arms. I have heard that Jeep Cherokee wiper arms are suitable replacements, from what I gather any 95 and up model year should work. Here are some questions I have;

Is that year range correct?
Are the wiper arms the same length or are there any differences I should be aware of?
Are they difficult to remove?
Are there any specific or special tools I need to remove them?

I plan on heading to the junkyard to try and find a pair today. I would like to get this done so that I can replace my wipers ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:02 am 
Hornet

Not sure on the newer ones, but I have '88 Cherokee arms on mine.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:59 am 
Site Admin

96 and prior have the pin connection, 97-01 have the Hook connection; either type will work just fine, length is all the same. The arms have a little hinged slide lock on the bottom to retain them to the shaft, very easy to remove with the aid of a flathead screwdriver.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 am 
Rebel

Thanks everyone. I managed to find a video on YouTube on how to remove them, but as it turns out, I didn't need to know how to remove them or my tools. After searching the yard today to surprisingly find a lot of the Jeep Cherokee wiper arms missing, I found a pair sitting on the passenger seat of a Jeep that had its windshield removed. I now have a decent pair of wiper arms with the pin connector from a 1989 Jeep Cherokee.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Even better, lol, love it when that happens. :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:54 am 
Rebel

Indeed. 8-)

I've got them installed now with the new Anco wiper blades. The new blades are far better than what I had before. I had to give one of the arms a shot of black spray paint because it had been worn down to the bare metal. Other than that they work great and the untrained eye probably wouldn't even realize they are not original.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12