It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 am 
Noob

Your wagon is looking good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
Hornet

It's a rolling work in progress. I might do the passenger door handle and put the driver's door back on, but I have a headache

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:32 am 
Hornet

Finally found my old topic! 8.25 rear end with 3.08 and extra rear leaf is finally in! WOOHOO! With the old axle in the back and a pile of spare parts, the rear tires don't rub anymore (air ride system is out now. Shocks were Napa nd not original like I thought.)

Sitting level and it's loaded with parts! (including the old axle)

Adding the 5th leaf in #2 position

The Leafs I added to the pack were slightly shorter

2.72 D35/M15 original axle in foreground (on the for sale pile now and matching front is only 5 bolts away from joining it!)
3.08 XJ 8.25 that we swapped in sitting in the background. I sawzalled the old shock mounts off it and have replacements to weld on.

I had new Ubolts for the axle (8.25 has thicker tubes) and Dana 60 (I think) spring plates plus new spring centering bolts.
I re-used the Eagle's rear brake line for now. My driveshaft is now too long (I'd say about 2" longer collapsed) and the 8.25 takes both a bigger Ujoint and bigger strap kit for the Ujoint. I pulled the XJ Ebrake cables out (will try to fit the other Eagle ones I have in there soon) and I'll dig through my driveshaft collection to find a shorter one. (hopefully tomorrow afternoon after I deliver the 401 and help Max98059 do some yard cleaning before his move)
I towed the Eagle home with my Comanche (fun in the rain!) but I was only able to do it because of the 440/727 I have in the back for ballast. (hope to sell them soon too!) I only did a low speed test so far, but it's AWESOME pedal compared to before!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:15 am 
Hornet

I overloaded my Comanche yesterday when I dragged my Eagle home with a 440/727 in the back of the truck. I appear to have taken out the O/D in my beat up AW4 and drive pops in/out around 35 mph. It was a loooong fun trip at that speed 100 miles to my cabin and back tonight, but I have a 38" long driveshaft for the wagon out of my stockpile of spare parts and just need a crossover Ujoint to bolt it in. I'm stealing the ujoint straps from the 1 ton 727 on the 440 (It's from a motorhome. Not sure if it's forged or cast crank yet) so all it'll cost me extra is a ujoint and some gear oil for the swap (need to weld on my shock mounts next)